Can All-Natural Dog Food Save you Money?
Are you thinking about feeding all natural dog food to your pet? So many of us grew up hearing 'eat your veggies.' That's because good moms understand the importance of maintaining a balanced diet.
Pet parents also know that to raise happy, healthy pups a doggie's diet
must meet certain nutritional standards.
The hesitation usually stems
from not knowing which kibbles are worth the price. And sometimes looking at the natural dog food section, prices are higher than regular kibble.
As we'll see though,
the benefits of all-natural dog food extend beyond your pup's health
and could even save you some money in the long run.
Interpreting 'All-Natural' Dog Foods
Small ingredients can make a big difference in so called 'all-natural' dog foods. The term is really a catch all for different offshoots of the same umbrella. As few as one or two ingredients can separate organic pet food from holistic dog kibble.
Here's a quick look at some of the subtle differences and key characteristics of each:
- You won't find any artificial ingredients in all natural Dog Foods. If you see synthetic chemicals or animal by-products on the label they're disqualified.
- Organic Dog Foods use the same specifications as the USDA. Just like human food, these are produce, grains, and proteins that haven't been grown or cultivated using pesticides or synthetic chemicals like antibiotics at any point in the process.
- These are not to be confused with Holistic Dog Foods, which prioritize your pet's overall well-being by nutritionally targeting the entire body.
Biggest benefits of all natural dog food
Fortunately our fur babies live in a world where all-natural dog food options are plentiful. Filling their bowl with the best of the best also has its benefits. This list is by no means exhaustive, but here are six reasons for pet parents to invest in all-natural kibble:
- Allergy reduction. Without by-products, low-grade grains, and other super processed ingredients, pets are less likely to suffer from common food allergies. Allergies usually manifest first in the skin, but with quality kibble the coat shines with health.
- Digestive health. Whether you want to reduce your dog's disruptive gas or help them to be more regular, all-natural dog food provides a nutrient-complete recharge for their digestive tract.
- Fewer vet trips. No matter how you slice it, trips to the vet are expensive. Keeping your dog on a health-focused diet can reduce the amount of time and money you spend on visits outside your annual checkup.
- Better breath. Regardless of how much you love your pup, most owners want to banish sticky dog breath. The crunch of each high-quality ingredient can help disrupt plaque, tartar, and other bacteria that contribute to a smelly mouth.
- More filling. Calories from high-grade proteins will fill Fido up faster and keep her fuller longer. That means you have to buy it less often, leaving you more money for all-natural dog treats!
- Healthy weight. Doggie obesity is a dangerous way to live. All-natural dog foods help give your pup extra energy without using filler ingredients like starches or sugars, helping them maintain a healthy weight.
As we've seen, not all kibble is created equal. Still on the fence about whether or not to spring for a more expensive all-natural dog food? Always start by discussing dog food formulas with your vet before you make a switch. When you're ready, read and investigate pet food labels thoroughly to make sure you're getting your money's worth.
Home > Dog treats > All natural dog food
Like humans, dog's are what they eat. Poor-quality ingredients lead to a low-quality life. Fortunately, the opposite is also true!