Welcome To Dog Training Excellence!
This site shares my passion and knowledge of dog training.
Dogs, like us, are social animals. They live in groups, called packs, sharing food, shelter and taking care of each other. You and your family are now your pet's pack.
My goal is to help you understand the fundamentals of effective dog obedience training.
Not just quick fixes and solutions.
With knowledge and practice comes excellence.
Knowledge is also power..
... and I want you to have the power to be a great trainer to your canine friend!
How will I give you that power?
Unlike most websites that only give you recipes to solve a particular problem, here you will find practical advice...
You will also learn simple and basic concepts to solve any behavior problem that comes up throughout your dog’s life. Now that is power!
Starter tips for excellence in dog training:
New dog in the family!
Did you just adopt a puppy?
You probably already fell in love with him, even if he is chewing off your favorite shoes or peeing in the carpet.
Did you just rescue an older dog?
You are probably starting to get to
know each other and see how much you can trust one another.
Whatever your story is (and I would love to hear about it!),
I will help you get the best out of this relationship. My experience
has taught me that the more knowledge you have, the better you can
handle any situation.
Discover how dogs think and behave so you know what to expect and how to handle undesirable situations. Dog training is about teaching and understanding your pet.
Get the knack of how dogs (and any other mammal, including us)
learn, so you can be the most efficient and clear trainer. This, coupled
with step-by-step guides to dog training and how to programs on solving problems will jump-start this new
Finally, I want to also encourage you to find an
excellent positive dog trainer in your area. You can read all about it
and practice at home everyday but seeing dog training live and in action
is priceless. Participating in group classes with your puppy or adult hound will improve your pet's quality of life as well.
ultimate intention, of course, is to help dogs.
By giving you this
knowledge, I am helping them live a better and more rewarding life.
Browse the site, learn, enjoy, ask questions and tell us your experiences!
Visit us often for updated information...
Return to top.
Thank you to Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos for some of the pictures used in this website.
- Dog Training Excellence Blog
- The Dog Excellence Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the dog-training-excellence.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- How To Train A Dog The Right Way
- Are you wondering how to train a dog? Click to find the most easy to follow step-by-step guides and great advice to turn your unruly puppy into a well behaved dog!
- Dog Training and Behavior
- Learn about dog training and behavior and become your pet's best friend! From dog communication to social structure you will find lots of valuable information to understand your furry best friend.
- Dog Training Methods Explained
- Learn the most effective dog training methods and have a well behaved pet. Easy to understand methods and step by step guides to the best obedience training techniques are at your fingertips.
- Dog Clicker Training
- Dog clicker training is positive and fun! Use it to teach from basic manners to dog sports. Solve minor behavior issues to severe agression problems. Learn more here!
- Dog Training Commands Guide
- Step-by-step guide to dog training commands. Learn how to effectively teach your pet from basic to advanced behaviors on cue.
- Training a Puppy Dog with Positive Methods
- Training a puppy dog with positive methods is very easy, reliable and fun. Try it out following these simple steps and sound advice.
- Leash Training Your Dog for and Enjoyable Walk
- Leash training your dog takes a little bit of patience but the rewards are worth it. Enjoy a nice walk or run with your pet without having a leash pulling contest!
- Stop Dog Barking!
- Stop dog Barking! Effective solutions for your chatty pet. Positive training methods to teach your canine friend to be quiet.
- Dog Barking Control for Resource Guarding
- Dog Barking Control for Resource Guarding canines. If your dog barks because he is defending his territory, food or owner you will find help here.
- Give a Dog Training Treat to a Well Behaved Dog
- A dog training treat can be very useful to have a happy and obedient pet. Learn how to properly use food rewards for training so your canine friend will respond even when you have no food!
- Cats vs Dogs? What should you get? Both!
- Cats vs Dogs? Learn how to have them both peacefully under the same roof! Training tips, behavioral problems and their solutions, games and more.
- Dog Training Advice from Pet Trainer's Interviews
- Dog training advice and tips from different professional dog trainers in these fun and informative interviews!
- Your Dog Stories and Questions
- Find dog stories and questions told by their owners. Get inspiration and advice to train your pet. Tell us your dog's story or ask your question!
- The Yes Dog Newsletter
- The Yes Dog is a free monthly e-newsletter full of tips and advice about dog training. It also includes latests science reviews about canine behavior.
- Contact Us
- Contact Dog Training Excellence with your comments and questions!
- About Me and Dog Training
- Learn more about me, owner and webmaster of Dog Training Excellence. My goal is to give you the knowledge you need to have a great relationship with your dog!
- Search Dog Training Excellence
- Search Dog Training Excellence Website.
Header credits: pasiphae, marsevis, simsonne100, monamakela, alex_ishchenko from 123rf.com.